Friday, July 4, 2014

Create Fictional Album Art

Last April while listening to Ann Delisi's "Essential Music" on Detroit Public Radio. She was conducting an interview with a representative from the Public Pool Community Art Space in Hamtramck MI. The Challenge was to create Fictional Album Art, from the recording artist to songs, lyrics, your imagination has no limits!
Public Pool will be transforming their gallery into the "Last Record Shop" sounds like a challenge I just had to try.  I thought this would be a fun project!
It took a little more time then I had thought, but it was fun and so worth the challenge! 






I even did the spindle labels!
The LP Sleeve is mixed media, I used some images I pulled from pintrest added scrapbook papers from Graphics 45, metal gears by Tim Holtz, modeling paste, lace, and gear templates. Went back in with watercolor, and a crackle for an aged look. All of the detail is hand inked, front of the sleeve is all hand lettered.





3 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous, dear Victoria! I so love how your creative mind works! Stunning (as always):-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work. You've got a wonderful style . Thanks for sharing Anneke.
    www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is stunning!

    Pinning this too!

    ReplyDelete